1099 RSS

1099, independent contractors, self employed -

You can receive free 1099-MISC forms from the IRS to send to your independent contractors. If you paid an individual who was not an employee more that $600 in 2017, you may need to file the 1099-MISC forms and the transmittal Form 1096 to the IRS by the end of January. For detailed information on who is an independent contractor, check out Church Accounting-The How-To Guide for Small & Growing Churches. The forms received from the IRS are the manual type with several layers. If you have more than a dozen to send, you may prefer the computer type compatible...

Read more

1099, independent contractors, IRS -

IRS Form 1099 is required to be sent to independent contractors your business or organization paid more than $600 to for the year. For details on who is and who is not considered an independent contractor, check out my book,  Church Accounting-The How-To Guide to Small & Growing Churches or go to www.IRS.gov. If you only a few to send out and don't want to pay for a package of 50 at the office supply store, go to www.irs.gov/businesses/online-ordering-for-information-returns-and-employer-returns to order the forms for free directly from the IRS.  You will have to fill them out manually, so if you have more than...

Read more