Meet Lisa London, CPA
Lisa London, CPA is known worldwide as The Accountant Beside You. She has spent three decades working in public accounting as an auditor and small business consultant with Deloitte & Touche, LLP, in corporate accounting as a director of finance for a division of Kodak, Inc., and as a consultant with venture capital and small businesses and nonprofits.
She began writing her books after helping her church with an accounting system conversion. Lisa found very limited resources to help the office staff and volunteers understand their basic accounting requirements. She realized that if her church needed guidance, other churches probably did too.
That aha moment led her to create The Accountant Beside You series of resources. Her first book, QuickBooks for Churches and Other Religious Organizations, is being used on six continents and has been translated into Spanish.
When she’s not working on accounting books or spending time with her husband and four children, Lisa enjoys sneaking away to write historical fiction. Her debut novel, Darker the Night, which tells the story of a young woman growing up in Hitler’s Germany from the perspective of a German civilian, has become a popular selection for book clubs.
Lisa is constantly working on more helpful accounting publications. If you have a suggestion for a book, please email Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education and Associations
- Bachelors of Business Administration, St. Mary’s University of San Antonio TX (graduated Summa Cum Laude and named Top Accounting Student)
- North Carolina CPA #37837
- Member of the North Carolina Association of CPAs
- Certified Quickbooks™ ProAdvisor—Gold Level
- Member of the Independent Book Publishers Association
- Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators
For a few examples of interviews with Lisa, click on the Media Logos or "Play Button" to see/hear them.
Lisa London is available to speak to or offer workshops for your organization.
- The Home Office Organization Blueprint- Tame the Paperwork Nightmare
- Reduce Your Book-Keeping! Make Automation Magic
- Easily Estimate Your Taxes! Decipher those Pesky Forms and Figures for the Gig Economy
- IRS Regulations You need to know- Deductibles Discoveries and More
- Audit Proof- Sleep Well and Stay Out of the IRS Crosshairs
- With Billions of Dollars Stolen from NPOs and Churches Every Year, Learn the Basic Steps to Keep Fraud Out of Your Organization
- Accounting for Churches-What You and Your Pastor Need to Know