Bookkeeping doesn't have to be a nightmare. The best approach to bookkeeping for independent contractors is here.
Author of the top-selling The Accountant Beside You series, CPA Lisa London gives entrepreneurs step-by-step instructions in setting up their accounting systems, while explaining how to keep on top of the paperwork and how to fill out the required federal tax forms. London wants you to focus on growing your businesses, not on the bookkeeping.
You will learn:
- basic accounting details,
- how to organize your office and accounting system to save hours of work,
- how to select a bookkeeping system that will work for you,
- how to record the money coming in and going out,
- how to calculate and pay self-employment taxes,
- what to do at month end, quarter end, and year end,
- how to fill out Form 1040 Schedule C (sole proprietor business income and expense), Forms 1099, and 1096,
- how to budget,
- how to determine if you have a business or a hobby and why it matters,
- details on what is deductible and what is not, including home office, travel, and mileage,
- and numerous tips and tricks to make your accounting nightmares a thing of the past.
BANISH Your Bookkeeping Nightmares shows how to analyze what financial data is required, how to automate it where possible, how to keep it current without taking too much time from a business, and how to give the IRS what they need--without any prior accounting knowledge.