The only church accounting manual for Quickbooks Pro, Premier, or Nonprofit (Desktop Versions)!
- How churches can save money by tracking payroll without an outside service,
- How to record a mortgage, and
- How to track member accounts for fundraisers and mission trips.
Church accounting is not only challenging, but is quite different from for-profit businesses. Other QuickBook guides exist, but those do not focus on the specific necessities that churches have.
Lisa London, CPA, knows and understands that not everyone thinks like an accountant. She walks readers through the process of setting up QuickBooks from a chart of accounts custom designed for churches, to running the reports for the year-end and preparing for an audit. QuickBooks for Churches and Other Religious Organizations is written for beginners in a friendly and easy-to-understand style, while also including tips that even experienced CPAs may be surprised to find. In fact, many of London’s readers are CPAs looking to streamline their church’s (or client’s) accounting system.
The step-by-step instructions and hundreds of illustrations will describe how to:
- Design a chart of accounts for churches that will give you the information you need,
- Set up internal accounting procedures and controls to safeguard the money,
- Track tithes and related cash flow,
- Send year-end donor acknowledgements,
- And much more!
QuickBooks for Churches and Other Religious Organizations is written for readers running the Windows desktop version of QuickBooks from 2012 forward. If you are using Quickbooks Online (QBO), see Using QuickBooks Online for Small Nonprofits and Churches.